Alllllll of the bittersweet emotions are flowing through this Mama’s heart. It truly feels like just recently, I brought our daughter into the world. I still catch myself saying, “I just had a baby!!” But, no, I didn’t “just” have a baby. She’s almost ONE YEAR OLD. How?! It’s truly been the best year of my life. Spyros agrees. We’ve never been happier. Creating a family with your spouse is the most amazing act of love. It’s incredible. Watching my husband as a father just about melts me into a pile of mush. He’s so precious with her. She’s so in love with her Dada, he really is forever her first love. And her Mama, well, she’s a major Mommy’s girl that is for sure and I just adore it. Since time has a funny way of moving at super sonic speed when you have a baby, I wish I had been writing monthly posts about our angel girl. I do however have a hand written baby book that I have kept up to date (just need to print out photos to add to it)! So, today, I’ll share some sweet highlights of her 11th month. And it remains true that every month becomes our favorite.
– You say some new words! “Uh oh”, “ball”, and “baby”! You still love to say “hiiii” and are getting better and better at “bye bye” with a tiny little twist of the wrist wave.
– Your first baby doll was given to you by Uma and you are obsessed with it. Baby is a water baby and goes in the bathtub! Well, last night, when taking a bath the baby wasn’t in the tub and you kept looking at Dada and going “bah-bah?” He called for me to go get the baby and once you saw the baby doll you lit up! It was so cool/precious to communicate with you like that!
– Mommy has weaned you to two nursing sessions a day: when you wake up and before bedtime. And when you wake up you want milk, NOW! We can’t even think about a diaper change until you’ve had your milk. Bless. It hasn’t been all butterflies and roses during the middle of the day drinking your cows milk with a splash of unsweetened almond milk, but, every day is getting better. Mommy is going to Dallas with your Auntie at the end of April + so time is of the essence to get you weaned, baby girl! I think you would nurse until you were two if I would let you, but Mommy is ready to give her body a break!
– You are a “teacher’s pet” in music class! You crawl right up to Ms. Courtney and sit on your knees and watch her every move and dance about. It’s hilarious.
-Nancy calls you “tiny” or “tuna” for “petunia” and she loves to try to teach you things. I love watching y’alls relationship change as you interact.
-Speaking of Nancy, even though you see her multiple times a week you love to facetime her. You light up when you see her on the screen!!! Same goes for seeing her on videos.
– Separation anxiety is on fire. Leaving you anywhere (church nursery, bible study nursery, workout nursery) is a drama filled event. We more than likely get called back to come get you…sigh.
-You are still quite the morning nap lover. I don’t know how we’ll ever get rid of it, not that I want to! At 9:00am you’re ready to take a nap on the daily. It’s not ideal for Mama’s workout wants, but, I’ve adapted to working out at home or getting outside and working out with you in the afternoon. Your morning nap is your best nap, so I don’t like to miss it!
– You love to eat but you’ve gotten semi-picky. You won’t eat meat! Chicken? Throw it on the floor. Turkey, hmm occasionally but I find most of it in your bib or on the floor. You love cheese, banana pancakes, grilled cheese, mac n cheese, sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, graham crackers, peanut butter, etc. etc. I sneak veggies into mac n cheese for you!
– You are teeny. Still fitting into 9 month clothes :).
-Your hair is getting thicker by the day and it still has a deep auburn hue. Can’t believe it!
– Your eyes are more hazel than deep blue, but they definitely are not brown. And I swear your lashes continue to grow thicker and longer – one thing you got from me, but yours are way, way, way better!
– You are dog obsessed. When you see one you try to bark. You love to play with Doxie but you aren’t gentle AT ALL. Luckily, Doxie is super patient and just stares at Mommy or Daddy for help when you have a chunk of fur.
-Mimi took you “shopping” and to run errands with her – you came home with two balls from the toy store and the cutest donut pajamas I’ve ever seen!!
-You stand unassisted all of the time. We wonder every day when those first steps will come and it won’t surprise us if you take your time, or if you start walking tomorrow. You’ll walk when you’re ready and we are just fine with that! But, you do love to walk holding a hand!
-Swim lessons began! You and Daddy swim together and you really love it! When you float on your back you do the “happy baby” position which is hilarious and not what you’re supposed to do. Bless. Daddy now has you practicing floating on your back during bathtime too!
-Speaking of Daddy, we both love it if he comes home from work before the sun goes down (which is rarely) because he takes you for a run in the jogging stroller. Mommy gets to cook dinner without Disney Junior on and Daddy gets to give you pre-bedtime fresh air! He says you sing and talk and babble the whole run!
-You love to be outside and we can’t wait for the spring and summer with you! I have dreams of dolling up your playhouse in the backyard :).
-You love to wear sunglasses! Who knew?! You feel really cool when you have them on. Silly baby!
-You’re a funny little lady. You have new facial expressions and new reactions everyday. You are a little ham!!! Love watching your personality grow every day.
Oh Evie, clearly I could go on and on and on over how wonderful you are! You are pure sugar, little lady. Everything sweet and delicious! We adore every ounce of your little being. These 11 months have been so special for us. You bring our entire family such a joy that nobody realized we all needed! God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave us you! I have no doubt your purpose in life will have something to do with spreading your contagious smile and sharing your sweet and gentle spirit with the world. At 11 months old, Daddy and I are already so proud of you, little one. While we want to keep you little forever and ever, the thought of watching you grow is so exciting. Our biggest prayer is that we raise you rooted in love + gratitude. You are a creation of the one true King, beautifully and wonderfully made by Him and given to us as the biggest reward. You are precious, little girl, and never, ever forget it!
I love you,